Institutional Terms and Conditions for Vodafone Egypt
The following terms and conditions govern the use of the services offered by Vodafone Egypt.
By visiting the web site and accepting the terms and conditions set forth below you are legally bound to abide by the terms and conditions hereunder.
Intellectual Property Right
All contents of this site but not limited to (text, logos, images, graphics, audio clips, button, icons, digital, downloads, software, data compilation) all content of VODAFONE EGYPT and/or its suppliers/third parties, the compilation of all content on this site, all software used on this site, and software suppliers are an exclusive property of VODAFONE EGYPT and governed by the Egyptian copyright law and the international copyright law and applicable conventions "e.g. Berne, TRIP's".
VODAFONE EGYPT and other marks mentioned on this site are all registered trademarks of VODAFONE EGYPT in Egypt and other countries. Other VODAFONE EGYPT graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks or trade dress of VODAFONE EGYPT, or its subsidiaries. VODAFONE EGYPT's trademarks and trade dresses are not to be reproduced in any media without the written authorization of VODAFONE EGYPT, in any way that is likely to cause confusion to the customers, or in any way that could disparages or discredits VODAFONE EGYPT.
License and Access
VODAFONE EGYPT grants you a restricted license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of VODAFONE EGYPT.
This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any presentation, or any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another third party; or any use of datamining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without express written consent of VODAFONE EGYPT.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of VODAFONE EGYPT without express written consent.
You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing VODAFONE EGYPT's name or trademarks without the express written consent of VODAFONE EGYPT.
Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by VODAFONE EGYPT. You are granted a limited, revocable,and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of VODAFONE EGYPT so longas the link does not portray VODAFONE EGYPT, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
You may not use any VODAFONE EGYPT logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
Mediums of Communications
Visitors may submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam".
You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of message or other content. VODAFONE EGYPT reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
By posting content or submitting material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant VODAFONE EGYPT a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and assignment of the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media now known or later developed. You grant VODAFONE EGYPT the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they elect to do so.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post or submit; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify VODAFONE EGYPT or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply.
Because VODAFONE EGYPT respect the intellectual property of others, therefore we advise you, that, if you noticed that any portion of your intellectual property right has been copied in any form and constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our legal Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. VODAFONE EGYPT makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, VODAFONE EGYPT disclaims all warranties, express or implied.
VODAFONE EGYPT does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from VODAFONE EGYPT are free of viruses or other harmful components. VODAFONE EGYPT will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By visiting VODAFONE EGYPT web site, you acknowledge that the laws of Egypt, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern the terms and conditions hereunder and subject any dispute that may arise to Egyptian jurisdiction.
General Terms and Conditions for My Vodafone
Further to the terms and condition set forth above, the following terms and conditions govern your use of the My Vodafone information service in WML or HTML ("My Vodafone").
Registering for My Vodafone or using My Vodafone constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
You agree not to use My Vodafone in a manner that can cause stop of the service or block access to it by other subscribers.
You agree not to use My Vodafone to present yourself under a false identity to other users of the service.
Your use of the Vodafone mobile services is governed by a Standard Agreement, the terms and conditions of that agreement govern the provision and use of My Vodafone.
You should ensure that you are familiar with the terms of your agreement.
If however your agreement is with another service provider and you wish to receive My Vodafone, some additional terms and conditions do apply.
You agree with Vodafone acting as an authorized agent of your service provider, that by registering for My Vodafone the following additional terms and conditions will be included in your agreement, effective upon registration, and that you waive any requirement for this amendment to be in writing:
1. The service provider makes no warranty regarding, and takes no responsibility for, the currency, accuracy or the quality of any information which the customer receives or accesses from My Vodafone
2. The service provider makes no warranty that the information requested by the customer from My Vodafone will be available at all times or that the service will be fault free.
3. The customer is completely responsible for any reliance on or use of the information they receive or access through My Vodafone.
4. The customer acknowledges that My Vodafone is an internet based service and, although the service provider will endeavor to maintain the security of information, it cannot guarantee that information the customer receives or supplies in their use of My Vodafone will be secure at all times.
5. To access My Vodafone the customer must have a My Vodafone compatible mobile phone. Details of compatible handsets are contained at www.vodafone.com.eg.
6. The customer agrees to pay the charges for their use of My Vodafone in accordance with the My Vodafone pricing details.
If you are not connected to Network Vodafone and you wish to receive or use My Vodafone, you agree that the following terms and conditions apply to your use of My Vodafone:
1. Vodafone Network Pty Limited and its related bodies corporate ("Vodafone") makes no warranty regarding, and takes no responsibility for, the currency, accuracy or the quality of any information which you receive or access from My Vodafone.
2. Vodafone makes no warranty that the information requested by you from My Vodafone will be available at all times or that the service will be fault free.
3. You are completely responsible for any reliance on or use of the information you receive or access through My Vodafone.
4. You acknowledge that My Vodafone is an internet based service and, although Vodafone will endeavor to maintain the security of information, it cannot guarantee that information you receive or supply in your use of My Vodafone will be secure at all times.
5. To access My Vodafone you must have a My Vodafone compatible mobile phone. Details of compatible handsets are contained at www.vodafone.com.eg.
6. You may be able to make purchases of goods and services through My Vodafone. Where these goods and services are provided by Vodafone's content providers, you acknowledge that you are purchasing those goods and services under the terms and conditions set by those content providers. Vodafone accepts no responsibility for the security or protection of any credit card details you may provide to Vodafone's content providers when purchasing their goods and services, and is not liable to you for any loss or damage you may suffer due to unauthorized use of your credit card details.
7. If you are under the age of 18 years, you should obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian prior to using My Vodafone. Information about supervising and controlling children's access to Internet content as well as general information about the Internet industry regulatory regime can be found at http://www.iia.net.au/guideuser.html.
8. Vodafone cannot and does not confirm that each user of My Vodafone or any user of e-mail or instant messaging services provided through My Vodafone has the identity of who they claim to be.
9. You agree that you will not use My Vodafone or any service provided through My Vodafone in a manner that is illegal, fraudulent or anti-social, as deemed by Vodafone. You agree that you will not send e-mail or other messages that are abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or generally in "bad taste."
10. Vodafone may amend or update these terms and conditions of use of My Vodafone from time to time without notice to you. You agree that you will comply with any additional terms and conditions that will be made available to you for the use of specific sites or services of My Vodafone. Such additional terms and conditions are incorporated by reference into these terms and conditions.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold Vodafone, its officers, agents, content providers, other partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of My Vodafone, your breach of these terms and conditions or your violation of any rights of another user of My Vodafone.
12. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell or resell any portion of My Vodafone.
13. Vodafone may at any time modify, discontinue or suspend My Vodafone without notice to you. Vodafone may also suspend your use of My Vodafone if you breach these terms and conditions or if you misuse My Vodafone in the reasonable opinion of Vodafone.
14. Vodafone, its officers, agents, content providers, other partners and employees, will not be liable to you or any party for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special loss or other cost arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or My Vodafone.
15. You agree that we may use and disclose personal information about you for providing services to you and for the improvement of customer service, including by means of research, marketing (direct or otherwise), product development and planning, except where such use or disclosure is not permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
Warning - fraudulent communications
Vodafone is aware that fraudulent communications, especially emails, are being sent to members of the public, purporting to be official correspondence from, or on behalf of, Vodafone, using the Vodafone name and/or brand. Frequently, these unsolicited communications claim to offer business opportunities, employment within Vodafone, or indicate that the recipient has won a competition or lottery. Vodafone has not authorised, and is not responsible for, these communications. Vodafone advises members of the public to exercise caution with any request to provide any personal or confidential information
Copyright © 2011 Vodafone Egypt
© 2010 Vodafone International Services. Registered Office: Sixth Horizon Bldg, 65/3 G Central Axis Road, 6th of October City, 6th of October. P.O.Box 12573